It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• thickening of the uterine lining plus fibroids

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
    nillan
    (female)

nillan HB User
    thickening of the uterine lining plus fibroids

I am a 65 year old female who after a sonogram was diagnosed with thickening of the wall of the uterus plus some small fibroids. The doctor was not a very helpful or nice person and when he told me I had to have a D&C, I told him I had read that can be done with local anast...He just told me blunt no ...told me to find another doc. and walked out of the room !!! I just sat there ...could not believe how unprofessional he was...
    Anyway...I have an appointment with another doc. tomorrow for a second opinion and I am so scared and worried...I have read up on as much as I could find on the subject and it seems some can be treated with hormones...Guess I will find out tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #2
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User
    Re: thickening of the uterine lining plus fibroids

I am 59 and recently had surgery for a thickened uterine lining and polyp. First I'd had a hysteroscopy (camera) with local anaesthetic
    I was told some polyps can be removed during that procedure and some can't. He was unable to remove mine. Biopsies were taken and surgery scheduled, I only received the biopsy results after the surgery (clear, thankfully)

I recovered well from both procedures and am glad I found out all was well

I was told they have to investigate bleeding after menopause due to the cancer risk and I would have thought hormones won't be given if cancer has to be ruled out

Good luck

Last edited by rainbowsrock; 10-17-2014 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Closed Thread