It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• just trying this out, because I'm going crrazy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
    nomatterwhat739
    (female)

nomatterwhat739 HB User
    Red face just trying this out, because I'm going crrazy

hi,i am a 33year old female. I have been having alot of different female issues. Pelvic pain, that goes down into my thighs, um pain after sex that begins easing up after about 15 min, in fact it has gotten so bad, that i take medicine to be able to have sex, or even just to get thru the day, between bc powder, alive, Tylenol, or ibuprofen, I am always on something, every 4 hrs. I get weird discharges that have weird, bad smell. Now i am having bleeding after sex, and also irregular periods. I have no insurances so car has been hard. Finally found a way to get to dr, and he gave me a pelvic ex and said he needed to do the colosopy, he did it right there, he said because he found a spot??? then after the nurse brought in the equipment and he begun, he told me he had o do biopsy, he took 3 samples, which were very painful, and then did an ecc, he ordered i go for ultrasound and come back in 2 weeks for results... has anyone had all these symptoms? do u think it is cancer? has anyone went thru or heard of someone that after sex had doubling over pain, that lasted for 10-15 min??? any info would help, thanks, sorry typing is not so good...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: just trying this out,cause im going crrazy

Have you considered endometriosis?

Old 01-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
    Kylekat
    Inactive
    (female)

Kylekat HB UserKylekat HB User
    Re: just trying this out, because I'm going crrazy

He did a "rectal colonoscopy" right there in the office? That sounds kind of strange because your usually sedated for that particular test. And did he do a Biopsy on Rectal tissue or Vaginal tissue? Depending on which he did it could be a number of different things.

Vaginal pain after or during sex like you describe is often either Ovarian Cysts or Endometriosis. I wouldn't drive yourself crazy thinking cancer until you go back for results, if he's thinking Cancer he'd have you back well before 2 weeks.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #4
    nomatterwhat739
    (female)

nomatterwhat739 HB User

Hi, sorry no not anal, vaginal. Colospy is it? Anyway, the Dr office called said I needed to come in right away for a cyosurgery, if I am even spelling that correctly, but they dais they could not tell me the grade of the abnormal cells, only the Dr could do that. Problem is, don't have the insurance to go see him till the end of month. How can they tell me I need a procedure but can't tell me nothing else? ?

Old 01-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

It sounds like he did a colposcopy to get a clearer look at your cervix and obtain samples for biopsy.

You have the right to know the findings. You can request a copy of your medical records from his office. There may be a nominal fee (so much per page). I personally would want to know what tests were done and the results before I went in for any treatment. There is quite a bit of over-treatment in the field of Gynecology. So it is important to get an accurate diagnosis and for you to understand the diagnosis as well as all treatment options and their risks and benefits. Cryosurgery may very well be necessary but you should be given all the information and have time to digest and understand it before proceeding.

I was over-treated for a benign ovarian cyst. My gyn of 20 years should have removed just the cyst and nothing else when the frozen section came back benign (non-cancerous). Instead he removed all my sex organs. My life and health have suffered beyond words.

Let us know what you find out. Best of luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    bleeding during sex, cervical biopsy, cervical dysplasia/ cancer, painful intercourse