It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Periods are not right!! Need advice please!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
    HK8
    (female)

HK8 HB User
    Periods are not right!! Need advice please!!!!

Hello everyone!
    I just wanted some advice because I currently have no health coverage and cannot afford having tests done or anything like that right now. I'm 24 years old, always have been in great health, but since last April (2014) my periods have been different. I've always been regular, but last year I skipped a month which is no big deal. Or so I thought. After that skipped month, I had 3 months of extremely scarily heavy periods with clots as big as quarters. I would go through super tampons every 35 minutes and I lost so much blood I would feel dizzy. It was a nightmare! After 3 months of that, my periods then randomly got very light and short which is the opposite! I could only go through one regular tampon a day, maybe 2 and my periods would only last 2 and a half days max. That happened from this past August through November. When December came, my period went back to how they normally are, regular flow, not light not too heavy and lasted 3 or 4 days. I figured I'd be back to normal, but then January came.., still no period. I'm now skipping another month and something just isn't rght!!! I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were negative, so I just want some Advice, could this be PCOS? Maybe most hormonal imbalance? Am I not ovulating? I'm very concerned because I don't want anything to go wrong with my fertility, I want kids so bad within the next 3-5 years! Another thing I thought of was that I received my last gardasil shot one year ago and I've heard stories about the shot effecting fertility. So if any one has some advice or a similar experience I'd appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Periods are not right!! Need advice please!!!!

Sounds perfectly normal. All women have fluctuations at one time or another. You could always go on birth control pills to even this out.

Closed Thread