It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Suspected Endometriosis- laparoscopy clear :/

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2015, 05:11 AM   #1
    Charstaar
    (female)

Charstaar HB User
    Suspected Endometriosis- laparoscopy clear :/

Hi Ladies,

I am currently recovering from a laparoscopy for suspected endometriosis only to be told they couldn't find any endometriosis or any reason for my pelvic pain.

When the consultant said they couldn't find any reason for my pain I burst into tears, I was expecting to wake up and be on the path of becoming pain free, not that this nightmare would be continuing.
    The consultant said something about organs being close together and something about my maybe to do with my lower bowel and to get a follow up appointment with my gp. She asked why I was so upset and I explained that I thought I would wake and have answers but now I'm no better off then before. I asked whether my hormones could be causing my other symptoms and I'm pretty sure she said yes. (They need to rethink the process of telling you their findings when you're still drowsy from the anaesthetic! I can't remember a thing!) I'm feeling so low about this whole experience and I don't know where to begin or who to turn to with having so many questions.

If I have all the symptoms of endometriosis, but no endometriosis was found, then what is the cause of all my pain? Is the consultant right and could It be be my bowels all along?
    Or can a hormone imbalance be the cause of all my pelvic pain and all my other symptoms Constant uterine cramps, lower back ache, pelvic pain on left, enlarged nodes in groin on left, heavy painful periods, irregular cycles, persistent vaginal thrush, pain and spotting after sex, brown snot like discharge after a bowel movement.

My bowels are still incredibly sore from the lap and am wondering if this is another sign leaning towards my pains being bowel related all along? I'm also starting to feel like this laparoscopy was so invasive and maybe for nothing and maybe I should have had a less invasive procedure like a hysteroscopy? Should I have had more extensive blood and hormonal tests first?

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated

C xx

Also, TTC 18 months, suffer from bad hormonal acne on chin, I had a raised lh to fsh ratio on a blood test but I have never had this discussed with a doctor as I happened to come across this myself when I asked for brief print out of my medical notes. Ultrasounds on ovaries and nodes clear.

The following user gives a hug of support to Charstaar:
    CosMicCat (02-16-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
    CosMicCat
    (female)

CosMicCat HB UserCosMicCat HB User
    Re: Suspected Endometriosis- laparoscopy clear :/

I am so sorry that you went through that expecting answers and relief and did not receive it.

Endo can easily be missed and it can also be on your bowels. Did they look at your bowels during this procedure? Is the surgeon very experienced?

Also, have you had other imaging studies? I had the same symptoms as you and found out it was cervical polyps that were inside the cervical canal, which would not be visible during a lap. Have you had a D & C? It sounds like your doctor is being somewhat dismissive. I would ask for a pelvic MRI with contrast to see if your symptoms are coming from inside your uterus.

Really though, those cervical polyps make you cramp constantly and have discharge. Mine made me miserable and they were removed during a D & C. I got instant relief and the procedure was easy. Yes, hormone imbalance can cause abnormal bleeding but it really sounds like you have something else going on.

Also, have you had a colonscopy?

Closed Thread

Tags
    bowels, endometreosis, hormone imbalance, pain