It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Posted by B on November 01, 2000 at 21:17:45:

In Reply to: Re: Deborah-Just need someone to talk to posted by Deborah on November 01, 2000 at 13:51:28:


I suggested the test.
Please get it done!
Your primary care physician will be unfamiliar with the test. GI doctor is what you need.
That said some GI doctors are not up to speed with this type of test.
Keep trying to find the right GI doctor.
That is what I did. It took many months if not years. Good luck!

: thanks. I went back to my primary care doctor yesterday to ask her about a test someone suggested on this board (colonic transit test) and she actually told me no such test existed! I knew it did and explained it to her. She wouldn't do it. Gave me a bottle of lactulose and some anxiety meds and sent me off. Said she could get me in with another GI specialist towards the END OF THE MONTH! I was hurting so bad this morning I could barely breathe.

: I live in Alabama, so the closest Mayo Clinic is in Jacksonville. We have UAB here, which is supposed to be great....but my primary doc is a UAB Professor!!!! My mother had suggested Mayo before, but my current insurance will not cover it (I've already checked). I will have new insurance in January.

: I wanted so badly to be feeling better by the holidays. Last year I didn't even get to celebrate tree..nothing. I never imagined that almost a year later I would still be in such distress. I am going to meet with some ministers Tuesday for healing prayer. I have just about had it with doctors. All they have done is make me feel worse.

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!