It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Posted by Shari on August 10, 2000 at 16:13:35:

In Reply to: Re: to shari and sari, another question posted by Sari on August 08, 2000 at 11:04:04:

: : thanks for your posts. now my mom and dad have decided not to do the brain radiation as a doctor told them if they did it now prevenitvly and got it in the brain it could be harder to treat. as far as the new spot in is inbetween the two lungs not in the lungs. my question is this, they are telling them they will check the spot in 3 months and determine if its cancer then. dosen't that seem like a long time to wait with sclc? every doc they talked to said 3 months. by the way they think the spot might be a gland inflamed from the bec2 vacannations she had (maybe)
: Diana, I'm glad to hear the radiation is not being done now. About that other lump, yes, 3 months is a long time to wait for sclc, but it sounds to me as if they are pretty sure it is the other thing, and that's why they are not in a hurry. Since more than one doctor has said this, I think you should assume it's the correct way to go. I don't know where you live, but I'm assuming that experienced oncologists are making these decisions for your mother. By the way, the last time I heard from Shari, she was still doing very well and feeling healthy. Best wishes to you and your mother from Sari

Diana, I too am glad they have decided to hold off on the radiation, I have been 7 years from diagnoses and I believe Sari is 6 years and neither of us have had the radiation. My last check up was a few weeks ago and I am doing fine. How is your mother doing. Did she have chemo or did you say she had some kind of vaccinations? Shari

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!