It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Re: Involuntarily underweight for height/Get it Checked

Re: Involuntarily underweight for height/Get it Checked

[ Back to Messages ]


Posted by John Nixon on October 20, 2000 at 00:50:13:

In Reply to: Involuntarily underweight for height posted by Lisa Hampton on October 19, 2000 at 11:03:45:

: Hello, I am a 22 year old female who has been a little concerened about my weight lately.. I am 5' 7" and 113
: pounds..I have always been small framed, but figured once I hit adolescence I would start to pick
: up some pounds.. I eat pratically anything, never watching my calorie intake... What's strange is in
: High school I weighed 117lbs and for some odd reason I have gone down in weight, but not drastically,
: just over a period of time. I actually noticed this lost of weight this past Christmas when I went through
: a stomache virus, but the wild part is I never gained this weight back, despite going back to my originial
: eating habits.. I have not health problem and have been healthy throughout my life, but my weight margin
: my height has me a little intrigued....What's embarssing is I can wear some of the same jeans I
: wore in Middle school and wear childrens size 12 and 14 as far as waist size.. Although my weight isn't a
: major concern since I have no health problems as a result, I would howevver like to find a healthy way to put on
: some extra pounds on, to at least put myself in the normal weight range for my height.. I'd also like to get some
: advice from other people in my shoes.. Thanks for taking the time to read and I will be anxiously awaiting your
: responses.....Lisa

How do you know you don't have any health related problems? Any unexplained weight loss needs to be checked by a doctor. If you already have, I'd get a second opinion. The body just doesn't lose weight for no reason. Now, on the other hand, there are thousands of reasons why it could happen but it's best to have piece of mind. If you've done all this, I'd suggest you keep a record of your food intake for a week then seek the services of a qualifed dietician/nutritionist. You can find them at colleges and hospitals. Let this person examine your diet and go from there...


Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!