Discussions that mention altace

Heart Disorders board

About 3 years ago I found out that I was pregnant, about 22 weeks into the pregnancy I started to have a hard time breathing when I walked more then a block. I also had rapid heartbeats. Sometimes I felt as if my heart was going to come out of my chest. My doctor sent me for some tests and when I saw her a week later for the results she told me she could no longer treat me and that I had to go to a different hospital that was know for high risk pregnancies. With that she told me my heart was very enlarged. I went into the hospital that same day. I was diagnosed with Dialated Cardiomyapathy. My heart was only pumping 15% of the blood out and the left ventrical was very weak. At that point I was told that if I decided to carry the baby any further that I would not survive and neither would the baby. To make this choice was the hardest thing in my life. Two years before that I had given birth to my son and he passed away when he was nine months. Those nine months were truelly the greatest days of my life. He was a angel! When I found out that I was pregnant it was hard for me cause I was afraid that I would lose this one too. After meeting with so many specialist and docs I made the decision to terminate. I have been on Coreg, Digoxin, Altace, and Coumidin for almost three years now. My heart function has improved . I got married to my high school sweetheart three months ago. We both love children so much and want to have a family more then anything. The doctors say that it's too risky. I don't know what to do. I've gotten 2nd opinions and some say yes some say no. Are there any ladies out there with my same health problem that have been able to carry a child? I see my husband with our nephews and nieces and it breaks my heart because I know how much he would love to have a child with me. Any thoughts out there?