Discussions that mention atarax

Skin Problems board

It sounds like cholinergic urticaria a.k.a. exercised induced hives. You should see a dermatologist.

Rapid cooling (ice packs) of the effected area might help and daily antihistamines like Atarax or Zyrtec. For severe cases medications like beta blockers or Danazol are used.

Some say aspirin, strangely, makes it worse.