Discussions that mention botox

Cerebral Palsy board


Hi All!

twinmomtam - It's nice to hear from you! It sounds like you are in the waiting pattern to see when Tony will be ready for the SDR. Is Dr. Park making the determination on the right timing, or another doctor? I think the waiting is the hardest part once you've made the decision to move forward with the surgery!

Kaitlyn is doing well. She is now 2 years and 4 months old, and is walking all over the place with her walker. She actually has taken one or two independent steps, but certainly not consistently. We saw her doctors at UNC this month, and they are strongly recommeding SDR for her. One doctor thinks she is ready now, while the other wants to wait until she's 3 so that she can handle the PT better. We are going to send our application packet to Dr. Park just to make sure he thinks that she is a good candidate, and to get his opinion on the best timing for her. We should finish the videotape and have the package mailed by the end of the week, so we'll see what happens from there. If she isn't ready for the surgery now, her doctors will do another round of Botox and put her in casts for a couple of weeks. We should have some answers within a couple of weeks.

bsjones - I am wondering how Noah is doing as well! Is he making some progress now that he's a few months post-op? Has he had any residual pain or complications?

warhawkmom - Thanks so much for sharing your story! There just aren't many people out there who had the surgery that many years ago! It's so nice to hear a success story like your son's!