Discussions that mention celebrex

Arthritis board

Okay, stay away from those Mobic! I understand, I can't have NSAIDS either.

For your smaller joints, like hands, wrists, ankles, maybe even knees and elbows, try some Aspercreme, or ask your doctor for prescription anti-inflammatory gel. It sometimes gets into the joint better than pills, and it doesn't affect your stomach at all.

When you get to the rheumatologist, she might start you on one of the biologics, or "Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs". These are "gentler" drugs than Prednisone which helps stop the immune system attacking joints. Some are called Remicade, Humira, and methotrexate. Most of them are pretty new, you can talk to the doctor about which might work for you.

Also, you might possibly be able to take Celebrex, especially if you throw in some Prilosec.