Discussions that mention clinoril

Arthritis board

Yup, you can have RA at 23. If you get it between 16 to 21 they call it Still's Disease. I have juvenile chronic polyarthritis, I was diagnosed as a baby.

You need to get on a DMARD (disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug). DMARDs slow or even stop the progression of the disease, pain relievers only mask the symptoms. There's Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Arava, Minocin or Sulfasalazine. More powerful meds called Biologics are kept in reserve for more severe cases; Enbrel, Humira, Remicade, Orencia and Rituxan.

Anti-inflammatory pain relievers like Celebrex (called NSAIDs) can help with day to day symptoms - if you find the right one for you. If Celebrex isn't working, there are many, many other NSAIDs. Don't hesitate to ask for something different.

Check with your local hospital, there may be a RA support group nearby. It'll be worth it to find some people who understand and who know all the local ins and outs - who the best rheumatologists are, etc.

I've had arthritis for so long I've been on everything.:p Right now I'm waiting for a new drug to get approved by the FDA, called Actemra. I'm on Orencia till then, my NSAID is Clinoril.