Discussions that mention folic

Open to All Other Health Topics board

I have a six year old stepson living in Thailand who has to be admitted to hospital every 3 to 4 weeks as his blood level drops below 13%. He usually stays for 2 or 3 days on a drip. I have spoken to 2 doctors but both spoke limited English and I speak very little Thai, all they could tell me was that his condition was called Tarasemiea (I'm not sure of the spelling), but I can not find any info on this anywhere. He has to take folic acid every day and the doctor also told me that he will need surgery soon in the abdomen region and that it is a very risky procedure. I haven't got a clue what this is and can not find any help. If anyone has any idea what this is or can tell me the correct spelling of this condition so I can research myself, I would be most grateful. I do not want this child to remain ill if there is an easy procedure to correct his condition.

Thank you in advance,