Discussions that mention hydrocortisone

Allergies board

my mom has had this. She was given hydrocortisone cream to put on it. Just a thin layer and you could only do it for so many days. I would definitely go to the dermatologist.. I can't remember if my mom was allergic to a makeup or moisturizer.
If memory serves me correctly, erythromycin ophthalmic is an antibiotic - sometimes used for pink eye infections.

You can get daily allergy eye drops for this - I would get it checked out by a doctor to make sure its not an infection - but there are drops for contact lens wearers called Patanol and Pataday that are very good. Else, you can use a general OTC allergy drop.

I get this once in a while during allergy season and I just use a little hydrocortisone cream on it- not much and not enough to get in my eyes. I use it day and night. It helps.

[QUOTE=SanyBelle;3339046]My eyelids have been swollen, red, itchy, dry and scaley for a few months now, on and off. If I open my eyes wide, the eyelid skin actually gets wavy and scrunched together. It doesn't matter if I wear eye makeup or not, it just comes and goes. My right eye is worse than the left and I'm starting to get a red dry patch under my right eye. I wear contacts and it hurts when the skin flakes into my eye. I asked my eye doctor (at a lenscrafters type of place) about it this summer and she gave me a prescription called erythromycin ophthalmic ointment, it doesn't help. The only thing that helps temporarily is to soak my eyes with a warm washcloth and to apply a little aveeno lotion.

Would it be better to see a dermatologist, GP or eye doctor about this? I'm tried of looking 20 years older than I already am! Thanks.