Discussions that mention imitrex

Allergies board


I have became very chemically intolerant. My nose has swollen shut for years and I went to an allergist and no allergys. My nose swells shut,I get a horrible headache and nothing will help except Imitrex shots. I have had a continual headache for over 12 years. It never goes away, but gets worse when I eat or breathe chemicals. I have had three sinus surgeries just so I can breathe. I also lose part of my voice after a chemical exposure. I feel a heaviness in my lungs too.
The last three weeks it is effecting my ears. I have developed three different hums and rumblings in my right ear and the Audiologist says I have lost some of my low range hearing too. I personally feel the chemicals have caused me to develope an autoimmune disease that is attacking my respiratory system and other parts of my body.
[quote]Originally posted by Sophina:
I have became very chemically intolerant. My nose has swollen shut for years and I went to an allergist and no allergys. My nose swells shut,I get a horrible headache and nothing will help except Imitrex shots. I have had a continual headache for over 12 years. It never goes away, but gets worse when I eat or breathe chemicals. I have had three sinus surgeries just so I can breathe. I also lose part of my voice after a chemical exposure. I feel a heaviness in my lungs too.
The last three weeks it is effecting my ears. I have developed three different hums and rumblings in my right ear and the Audiologist says I have lost some of my low range hearing too. I personally feel the chemicals have caused me to develope an autoimmune disease that is attacking my respiratory system and other parts of my body.


Oh, gosh, Sophina! I feel for you....I have chemical sensitivities too, and while I consider myself ill sometimes, it doesn't sound as bad as you! Have you seen anyone about the environmental sensitivities? I've been wanting to go to a doctor about this, but knowing it's not allergies that I have, I figure I'd be wasting my money since I think the usual response is to avoid the offending irritant (yeah, right--in this day and age!). Mine started with me getting post nasal drip feeling from smelling perfumes, etc. Then it was contact dermatitis from my usual soaps, shampoos, dryer sheets, etc. (VERY itchy private parts). I did some research and concluded it was Candida that was the underlying culprit, so I cleaned up my diet and started on an anti-fungal. Well, I guess that is indeed what I have since it created a die-off....and now worsening symptoms, which I've been told is the yeast releasing their toxins when killed. I don't understand it all, though. Anyway, NOW I have constant swollen nasal passages to add to the list and a heavy feeling in my chest--makes me feel tired of breathing. All I want to do is breathe normally--I know you can relate. Lately, I too, seem to always have a headache. Even one ear is stuffy. Sounds a lot like you! If you'd care for a fellow chemical sensitivity penpal (suffer-pal), feel free to email me at [removed]
Take care,
Tabby