[QUOTE=Nu2patch;2880677][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]Hi!
I was wondering if u could give me some more infor on the miralax? What kind of store can i find it at and how much is it? Is it a tablet or mix? Thanks![/FONT]
Hey Nu2Patch! Miralax is a powder. A normal dosage is 17grams. It's about one rounded tablespoon but comes with a premeasured cup like cough medicines do. It also comes in pre-measured packages which are convienant with travel as the bottle can be huge dependig on what is prescribed.
It is tasteless but if you mix it with water it does have that Gatoraid feel to it. I drink it with coffee.
It was just announced by the DEA and I saw on a TV commercial that it is now and over the counter medicine! I don't know the cost as I've not yet seen it hit the shelves yet but your best bet is to talk to any pharmacy to see if they have the OTC version in and the cost. I would check like Walmart Pharmacy or Costco, they seem pretty cheap on meds, even regular OTC meds.
It might be cheaper to have your doctor to prescribe it though. I pay $5 co pay but I'm also mandated to pay that much so I have no clue what the pharm price is but it has to be no more than $20 for a month's supply. It's probably less as my husband got a small bottle, like half the size of mine. for a recent colonoscopy (they use that now for cleansing the colon pre test) and it was the same price.
[COLOR="Purple"]Here's a copy of Dave's Paste he posted:
Yakima Fruit Paste
used in hospice care for terminal high dose patients
DOSE: 1-2 tablespoons per day
1 pound prunes
1 pound raisins-pitted
1 pound figs
4 oz senna tea (look in your health food store, it looks like a bunch of leaves)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1. Prepare tea-use about 2 1/2 cups boiled water added to tea and steep 5 minutes.
2. Strain tea to remove tea leaves and add only 1 pint tea to a large pot, then add fruit.
3. Boil fruit and tea for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add sugar & lemon juice. Allow to cool.
5. Use hand mixer or food processor to blend fruit mixture into smooth paste.
6. Place in plastic container and place in freezer. (Paste will not freeze but will keep forever in freezer).
7. Spoon out what you require each day.
Enjoy eating it straight off the spoon.
Spread it on toast or add hot water and make a drink.
* If the fruit paste is not working (you are not having bowel movements) then you need to increase the amount of fruit paste you are taking.
* If the fruit paste makes you have very loose stools then you need to cut down on the amount of fruit paste you are taking. Perhaps even taking it every other day in some cases.
This stuff does work, but it's an all day project t make a 3 month supply and will cost about 40 bucks to make. I try to mix things up a bit but always use something daily.