Discussions that mention morphine

Open to All Other Health Topics board

Over the last 15 years my wife has been very ill.

Five years ago a trainee doctor was trying to put a catheter in her SVC to inject morphine, he spent over an hour trying, he eventually got it in but this has now caused serious damage. This has caused swelling to the upper body and symptoms similar to Superior Vena Cava syndrome.

They have tried using stents and an angioplasty, this resulted in further scaring. At the moment we are at a loss with what to do next.

Is there anything else that anyone knows of that can be tried to help? We don't really know where to go to look for any private or foreign treatment.