Discussions that mention omeprazole

Allergies board

I'm not sure whether it's available OTC in the U.K. It's called PrilosecOTC here, and I think it's called Losec in the U.K. and it looks like it may be available without a prescription there too (the actual chemical name is Omeprazole).

That would be your best bet, but Zantac is another option. It's not as strong as Losec and has to be take a couple of times a day but it should help. If you can get Losec without a prescription (or a generic version), that would be your best bet.