Discussions that mention prozac

Women's Health board

PMDD can be helped by using a medication called Sarifem, which is actually just prozac. Somehow it helps women who suffer from this condition to have some relief.

You should definitely discuss this problem with your gynecologist, who will be able to tell you whether it's an option for you or whether there is something better out there that can help you.

It's common to have some type of mood issues occur during PMS, but the more common is a more mild form of it. But what you are describing is the next level of this condition where medical intervention is necessary.