Discussions that mention prozac

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) board


Usually people with OCD will see a Psychologist, but I'm more than positive that there are also Psychiatrists that specalize in OCD. As long as your Psychiatrist does CBT with you as well as exposure therapy, then he/she is on the right track to helping you get control of your symptoms.

I think the medication you're thinking of is Klonopin, which is a benzodiazepine and helps with panic attacks and seizures. If your doctor prescribed it, it's best to start taking it and see how you do. Usually doctors stick to the SSRI group of medications since there are less side effects, so if you don't do well on the Klonopin I would ask your doctor about trying an SSRI such as Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, or Prozac.

As for eating things you enjoy, I'm sure there's some sort of psychological connection between eating the foods you love, and why you get sick afterwards. You shouldn't "force" yourself to eat anything, and if you did enjoy these foods several months ago with no problem, it's most likely the OCD that's playing games with you.:D