[QUOTE=Executor;3634385]I would agree. I don't mean to be repetitive, but I think moving from 40 Percs per month to the patch is too big a jump. It's really not necessary @ this point. In PM, you have to leave room in the playbook for future regimens. While the patch is a great med (Steve will attest that I'm one of its biggest supporters), it's not appropriate @ this time. Additionally, with the heat of the summer @ full swing and nearing it's peak, now is not the time to start. As the adage goes "timing is everything" and now is not the time.
Just my .02. Good luck.
You know something, you are probably right. I have never been truly convinced that the patch was right for me, but after reading more of your posts I am starting to lean the other way. You keep bringing up the 40 percocets a month. Matter of fact you said in one of your posts that going from 40 percocets a month to the patch is like going from a pistol to a rocket launcher. If you are going to use comparisons when referring to my situation at least get it right. I think it more like going from a water pistol to a rocket launcher. As you may remember or not I stated in one of my post that my primary care physician was prescribing me 60 Norco(but not to be used on the same day as the percocet), with the instruction of taking 2 every 4 hours. I wouldn't said that dosage makes me pain free, but it does feel better than before the medicine. Okay, that's 8 pills a day, that will take care of 7 and one half days. So I am back to what my psychiatrist prescribes for me...40 percocets a month. Remember the distribution schedule...2 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, none on Wednesday, 2 on Thursday, none on Friday, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. So we are back to the water pistol. You stated that the patch was too big of a jump. So according to your logic, what in your opinion would be the best next step. Do we increase the percocet to 200 - 240 a month, let's not forget the medicines I am on for my bipolar disorder and some other minor problems...Albuterol--two puffs every 4 hours, Amitriptyline--1 tablet every Monday and Thursday, Aspirin--1...81mg daily(my PCP thought it would be good for my heart), Clonazepam--1mg @ 8:00am, 1mg @ 2:00 pm, 2mg @ bedtime(my psychiatrist is going to change this to something stronger and once I start taking it, I will have to have a blood test every week for the next six months), Crestor 40mg @ bedtime, Depakote Sprinkles--125mg @ 8:00, 125mg @2:00 pm, 500mg @ bedtime, Folic Acid--1mg daily, Nadolol--20mg daily, Percocet--9 weekly, Promethazine--25mg three times daily, Seroquel--400mg @ 8:00 am, 400mg @ 2:00pm, 800mg @ bedtime. If you would increase the percocet to 200 - 240 a month, bye, bye liver. That would be good thinking. Let's start another problem, a possible irreversible prolem with my liver. Executor you stated "as the adage goes, timing is everything", here is another one for you..."I feel so bad, I would have to get better to die".
Have you considered that what I have been through with my headaches, my bipolar disorder and especially over the last 8 to 10 months with arthritis popping up all over by body(especially my knees, my primary care physician told me that I couldn't even take a walk for exercise because of my knees that it would probably cause me to have some painful shin splints and that exactly what happened when I went for a short walk), that maybe I have missed my opportunity to work my way up the medicine chain because my pain management was so screwed up from the beginning that maybe my only option is to go straight to the rocket launcher.
I know this is very harsh and I apologize, but I have been up since 4:00am and my body feels like a giant nerve and someone is stepping all over it. I know I probably sound angry but it's just frustration and once again I apologize for venting on this board. I really hurt and I have no percocet. Why?, because there was a mix up at my doctor's office. He was on vacation last month and I didn't have a appointment with him, so no script. I called his office on Tuesday and informed them I would need more pain meds by the end of the week. His secretary informed me that they knew and that my doctor had already wrote the prescription and they would put it in the mail. When it didn't come Thursday I called his office again and was informed it was put in the mail on Thursday...can you believe that?
I have vented to much and I hope that my new found friends are not upset with me. By the way the big meeting is set for Thursday. My psychiatrist will be there, so will my therapist along with my sister, deciding my future in pain management.
Any advice or options you guys think I should try to push on Thursday would be greatly appreciated!!! I probably will not post anymore because I made such a fool of myself. So thank you for all your help.