Discussions that mention toradol

Back Problems board

Hello everyone, it has been a heck of a week! If you had read my most recent posts, you would know that I had been having a lot of trouble with my left leg and foot (swelling, turning colors, and OH MY GOSH...THE PAIN). Anyway, my wife ended up taking me back to the ER late Tuesday night. This time the Dr. on call never came in to see me, instead he told the nurse to give me a shot of Morphine and Toradol and send me home and have me go to the clinic Wednesday. Well, I got the shots, went home, stayed awake and honestly folks...I cried like a baby. The pain was horrible, I couldn't sit, stand, lay or anything. I tried everything I could to get relief, but I couldn't. I remained like this until my appointment at the clinic at 1:00PM. I had a terrible time trying to get in the van. When we got there, I told my wife that I was not going to wait in the waiting room (for obvious reasons) she went in and explained the situation to the staff, they told her I could go right in. Anyway, by the time I get into the exam room, I am again balling like an infant, I mean it was bad! My leg was on fire and it was so painful to move! My GP took one look at me and said "take him to the hospital now!". What a waste of time going to the clinic! So we went to the hospital, I was immediately taken to a room and given another shot of morphine and toradol (this time a much higher dose) and I was able to close my eyes for the first time in 3 days! X-rays were taken but did not show any problems with the hardware. My Dr talked to my surgeon and decided that there definitely was something wrong (no duh?). I will be having a CT scan next week to see what's going on. As far as the swelling, I do have a pulse in my foot, so they are not worried about a blood clot. They both agreed that I should have had relief from the steroids I was given for the nerve pain. There were some other embarrassing issues that took place while I was in the hospital that drew some concern as well. Anyway, to make a really long story short, I spent a few days in the hospital hooked to an IV and given Morphine. I now have the Fentanyl patch (75MG) with percocet for breakthrough pain. I hope that I will soon find out whats going on with my leg and foot. In the mean time my only wish is that I can avoid the pain I felt this week forever!. Sorry to ramble, but I needed to vent a little. I hope everyone is doing OK, I need to catch up and read some of the posts from the last week to see whats been going on. Take care everyone, talk to you soon.