It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Posted by Linda D on November 13, 2000 at 12:00:30:

In Reply to: artery pain? posted by Jennile Elise on November 09, 2000 at 23:07:15:

: Hi! I'm Jennile. I just looked up this message board because I thought I might be able to find someone who can give me some info. Last summer I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am nineteen years old. I finally got to see a rhuematologist this summer (please excuse my spelling--I never did very well in biology)and today I went in for a routine checkup. I told him about some pain that I was having in my neck as my pulse would beat. It was very sever but usually only lasts a few minutes. However, it once lasted as long as forty five minutes. I was very concerned about this but did not go the ER because I did not feel that it was that crucial at the time. To make a long story short, he listented very carefully to the pulse in my neck with his stethescope and then told me that as long as I was not having dizziness, slurred speech or headaches along with this pain that it was nothing serious. He said that it was probably a condition called cor---artery something or other. It literally means "pain of the artery". I remembered this word long enough to get out to my car and try to explain it to my mom but then before I got it written down I forgot how to say it and thus could not spell it. I wanted to do some research on the subject but since I don't know how to spell it, I have no idea where to look. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Can YOU spell it? What is it and has anyone ever been told they have it? Well, I don't expect a miracle and, I know, "I should have written it down sooner." However, if there's anybody out there who knows, Please, please, please post an answer here or e-mail me. Thanks, Jennile ^_^
Hi Jennile. I posted a reply to your message on the new message board, but it's not there now. So, I'm back to the OLD board where I think I know what I'm doing! I don't know of a word for "artery pain", but if it's any help, the arteries in your neck are called "Carotid arteries". Sometimes they do clog up with plaque and cause dizziness, etc, but haven't known anyone who had pain with that. I agree that you should call your doctor back and ask them to tell you in layman's terms what your doctor said. Good luck!

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!