It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Re: biopsy

Re: biopsy

[ Back to Messages ]


Posted by Greg Bradford on May 04, 2000 at 11:24:36:

In Reply to: biopsy posted by john on December 17, 1999 at 10:23:36:

: hello all.
: i did have biopsy on dec 15/99.everything went discharge and i went home at 200pm.about 330pm i start had pain really bad,mywife called back the hospital ,they told her bring me back to the hospital.
: the emergency room doc treat me with antibo and put the tube through my nose down to my stomatch to vaccum out and do x-ray plus cast scan they said i may have bleeding and x ray show i had air pocket nearby goldbladder,it was painfull until 500am nextday it gone.i did took x-ray again ,they said it should ok now.i went homeat 200 i feelling better but still little weak.
I had my biopsy 3/99. The procedure finished, about to move off the table, and the worst pain I've experienced in 45 years began with the sensation that 300 lbs. had just settled onto my right shoulder. The Dr. doing the procedure had told me I might have a sensation in exactly the location he described but this was within 30 seconds becoming unbearable. "One more picture", he was saying when I finally told him something is very wrong here. I next began focusing on trying to breathe without feeling as though a huge spike had been thrust thru my side and the incredulous look of both the Dr. and 2 nurses told me this was anything but routine. I could not contain my pain any longer and by the time I wheeled back into the prep room I had left 30 min. before,my stilted gasps and screams had attracted 3 nurses who immediately engulfed me in the shower cutain bounded 4x10 space to examine me. One suggested it might all be in my head. I'll leave to your imagination my response. The Dr. who perfomed the procedure finally arrived and I begged for relief. 30 minutes after an injection of demerol I was given two tablets of more pain medication. 45 minutes after that I could take very careful breath inhalations. I thank God for the 2 hour nap I fell into. I was released to my wife 2 hrs. after awaking. The next 24 hr. period was only tolerated by more pain medication. My point being, I never was given a satisfactory answer to why I went through this "some slight discomfort.." procedure the way I did. Niether DRs. or nurses had "any idea" why my liver biopsy went the way it did.
I am in no way happy you had your experience, however at least I have a "possibility" as to what happened to me over a year ago.

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!