It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Re: What is wrong with me?

Re: What is wrong with me?

[ Back to Messages ]


Posted by rebekah michel on September 30, 2000 at 05:13:23:

In Reply to: What is wrong with me? posted by ashlee on September 29, 2000 at 19:15:58:

My husband had the same problem, his sperm analysis took 3 hours to liquify. Basically that means that his semen is thick. This often suggests a prostate disorder. If you can't afford to go to the doctor for this, your husband can drink robitussin cough syrup to thin his semen. Get the kind with guifenisin in the main ingrediants. If his semen isn't thin enough the sperm clump together and don't have a chance to get to the egg. He should drink 2 teaspoons a day a week before you ovulate(so while you're having your period).

Viscosity, well my book says the normal value is 1. I'm assuming this means how long it took to liquify, like I said my husband's took 3 hours, I'm assuming your husband's took 2 hours.

The normal value for abnormal sperm is 50%, abnormal sperm can be caused by alot of things. Smoking, drinking, recreational drugs ect. If he does anything like this he's going to have to quit(I know it's hard to do that!).

To get pregnant, for some women it can take a long time, others get pregnant after only a few months of trying. I know it's not fair, I completely know how you feel. I'm 20 and have been with my husband for 6 years, he's my first love. We never used protection and I knew something was wrong when I didn't get pregnant. We got married 2 years ago and really started to try to have a baby, and nothing happened.

Alot of the time it can just be timing, are you having intercourse "missionary" and "doggy" style only when trying to conceive? Those are the best positions to try to get pregnant. Don't get up after intercourse, lie in bed at least 20 minutes, thats how long it takes the sperm to get in the uterus where they won't fall out. Don't urinate, douche, or wash up after intercourse.

If you can see a gynecologist I would do so, infertility treatments are expensive, but the normal tests and certain drugs like Clomid are not that expensive at all. Alot of insurance's will cover that. If you want to talk to me, email me anytime [email protected]

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!