It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Re: I need help, a Dr. mess up my records

Re: I need help, a Dr. mess up my records

[ Back to Messages ]


Posted by MLWhitworth, M.D. on February 05, 2000 at 07:19:16:

In Reply to: I need help, a Dr. mess up my records posted by William V Adsit Sr. on February 04, 2000 at 22:52:12:

I wouldnt worry about trying to straighten out your records or convince the doc his practices are archaic. Those of us in the trenches know many docs, esp. rheumatologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, will not prescribe potent opioids for low back pain because of their training and also implicitly this is an admission of their failure to reduce the pain surgically. We know there is a huge change underway in philosophy of treating low back pain, or any pain for that matter. The old school thinking is you must limit your meds to miniscule amounts of narcotics because of the potential for addiction. The new school recognizes that given a controlled amount of narcotics under the auspices of the physician, 1. addiction is rare, 2. providing the meds are used as prescribed and not as perceived as needed by the patients, they are safe and effective, 3. that there is at least a 20x difference in response rate for different patients, and 4. most side effects can be handled. It is a new world out a pain management specialist.

: To all fellow pain people I'm in need of help on how to straighten out my medical records,my Dr. and I got into a disagreement over my medications he had me on so I fired him and took my medical records that went back at least ten years even though I have been a patient of his for twenty three yrs., upon looking over them I found many discrepancies that are not correct, now I have to find another Dr. to treat me for chronic pain of the back due to six bulged disc's two of which are protruding inwards rubbing agaist the spinal cord, L4-L5 are fusing together and all my T-series disc's have degenration disease, now arthritis is filling in through the complete spine. Now I have two questions, one is how do I staighten out my records or convince the next Dr. that the records are incorrect. Two is there a way I can have my (now past) Dr. reprimanded for his wrong doing ( I'm not looking to sue or anything like that just get him to admit he has done wrong and to make him receive newer training on medications)? Just for the record for the ones who want to know all this started when I want to change my pain medicine away from the Tylenol products (being I do take alot of them) so I won't damage my liver I feel I have enough damage done to my body now! Thanks for any help anyone can give..Bill --I left my email address so you can post direct to me...

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!